National Public Viking

Monday, June 05, 2006

Secret spinach

I knew everything was going to be just fine when the first object I picked out of the mailcrate in my cubicle was an Ecstatic Peace (Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth's record label) fanzine with a label sampler (what I've heard so far rules).

Did the NPR orientation bit in the morning and made a couple of aquaintences right off the bat. I met Robin Hilton, the All Songs Considered (ASC) producer, and he set me right to work on Open Mic material: eight mailcrates of CDs. Two of the crates sorted out to ASC material (some good'uns, too... like the new Six Organs of Admittance!). Since I want to re-read Dante's Inferno this summer, Open Mic CDs have are now assigned the following labels of consideration: Paradiso (yes), Purgatorio (maybe), and Inferno (no). This is almost as nerdy as my Beware the Ides of March t-shirt.

[NOTE: Open Mic is the unsigned/independent artist aspect of All Songs Considered, both of which can be subscribed to as podcasts here (ASC) and here (Open Mic). All you need is the internet, iTunes, or something like iPodder (for Mac haters). The program automatically downloads the daily, weekly, or monthly podcast when you click on iTunes. Easy peasy.]

The 7th floor has a cafe with Greek food. Today I had spanakopita for lunch. I'm happy.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Phil said...

Lars. Good to see you the other day, as always. Keep in touch.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger PJ said...

CITY LIGHTS OF CHINA

and grape leaves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home