National Public Viking

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Does 'The Office' suck a little now that Jim and Pam are together?

|current sounds| Starflyer 59- Ghosts of the Future 7" Series (specifically, the "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" Smiths cover)

Apparently there a few former UGA and WUOG folks still linking (or starting to link) to the NPV. I feel as if I'm letting down the potential adoring public! I'll try to make more of a concerted effort (not easy to update a blog at work since my back is to the office and susceptible to roaming superiors).

For starters, expect to see more downloadable mix CDs. They're the things I nerd out over most these days -- mix CDs, that is -- and, besides, I always want to find a reason to connect my latest favorite freak-out band to Kylie Minogue (thanks to Christa, one of my remaining links to top 40 and '80s dance music). Possible themes: Put on Your Puffy Jacket, Let's Dance! and I Don't Know, It Sounded Like a Good Idea at the Time.

Recently...
+ Finished a three-Saturday printmaking workshop and produced some material that wasn't totally bogus. I think I may look into monotype more, especially knowing the DIY way now. Expect to see one or two of the works appear in some future Thor's Rubber Hammer artwork.

+ Bought a yoga mat. Have attempted to regularly stretch with some discipline. Haven't made it to a class, yet, but once I get back from a week-long vacation, I plan to go at least once a week until I know what I'm doing.

On the horizon...
+ MIDWEST SOLO ROADTRIP '07.
+ Recording Christmas songs as gifts to my friends. (Well, I still need to select them. I'm open to ideas. Keep in mind these will probably be solo guitar a la Lars, but I'm no stranger to the multi-track or an actual pop song. I do have a concertina, tin whistle, organ and piano at my disposal after all.)

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home