National Public Viking

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Grand Introductions" Demo Up

|current sounds| Brian Blade Fellowship- Season of Changes

First RPM Challenge demo is up. It's very rough, unmixed and unfinished. No vocals or drums, yet.

Here "Grand Introductions" here.

What was originally conceived as a pop project has become anything and everything. Songs are bursting from eight years worth of ideas, so one morning I'll spend an hour on a psychedelic-folk song while I spend the rest of the day on shimmering Brit-pop. Thus, I'm not quite sure how this is all going to turn out, especially since this first demo sounds more like Sonic Youth than any of the chamber-pop bands I thought I was going to take inspiration from.

A friend suggested this just means I'm a versatile songwriter. This is a good problem to have, I suppose. I walk home from work at night dreaming up cooing pop melodies and then sit down in my makeshift basement studio conceptualizing ridiculous albums like After-Dinner Mints: 10 Exotic Pop Arrangements for Strings and Guitar a la David Rose.

17 days left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home