National Public Viking

Monday, February 04, 2008

A Celebration of Gluttony and Suffering

|current sounds| Kronos Quartet and Wu Man- Terry Riley: The Cusp of Magic


Shaking hands with the winner, Nick, he of five fried chicken breasts and five thighs. (Photo: Beth Novey)

Eight thighs and two breasts later, I am the silver medalist of Chicken Bowl XII. (You may remember my pathetic introduction last year to the world of amateur competitive eating.)

I had originally planned to start gorging on Thursday per Stephen's suggestion, to expand my otherwise small stomach's lining for maximum stuffage. I ended up eating lots of salads instead. Turned out to be a half-way decent plan of action. I knew things were changing for the worse when my greased hands began to shake around the eighth piece of Popeye's.

After some Tylenol, Pepto Bismal and a restless night of sleep (most dramatic dream I think I've had in recent times), I'm eating nothing but vegetables all week, perhaps some Zucchini Chocolate Crinkles to sweeten up the week.

RPM Challenge Update

The RPM Challenge has already hit a few snags. The mixer I want is on backorder everywhere and I'm quickly realizing I can't quite make the album I want given the resources at my disposal. I'm going to spend the next few days finding creative ways to accomplish the same ideas in different ways.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lars - leave the greasy chicken eaters to the professionals .......jg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home