National Public Viking

Thursday, November 09, 2006

If I had a dime for every...

|current sounds| No-Neck Blues Band- Qvaris

I'm walking back home from the metro listening to "One of Us Cannot Be Wrong" by Leonard Cohen when I hear a car horn and a man shout, "Hey!" I turn to see a somewhat distinguished black man in a nice vehicle, so I cautiously approached with some good distance still between us. I noticed he's a little inebriated. When I stop, the following dialogue ensues:

"Oh, you're not a girl," the man states dejectedly.
"No, no I'm not."
"Hrm." Looks at his staring wheel and then back at me.
"Well, I'm gonna go back over there."

I'm afraid of what he would have said if I was.

Maybe it's time for a haircut.

[EDIT: Christa called me out in the comments and rightly so. I should have mentioned that this particularly street after dark can be a little sketchy, so anyone shouting "Hey!" can make you apprehensive.]

2 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger tuppenhut said...

wait, I still don't understand if you cautiously approached him because he was black, distinguished, or in a nice vehicle? I can't get the story until I know.

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Lars Gotrich said...

christa, if you knew this street, you'd be apprehensive of anyone asking you over. i should have clarified that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home