National Public Viking

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Flooding, S-K wants to be mommies, more bass, singing bridges

|current sounds| Hot Chip- The Warning & The Pipettes "Pull Shapes" (single of the summer!)

So if you don't follow the news, D.C.'s been hit by some serious storms. Some of the Metro was under water, there were flash floods, entire streets were shut down. So I spent last night dumping water from the various pots and bowls I set up in the kitchen and the bathroom. Nasty yellow-ish water leakage.

America's best current rock band, Sleater-Kinney, will go on indefinite hiatus after the summer, which can mean one of two things: a permanent break-up or a reunion tour in two to three years. Still, it's saddening news only made more difficult by the fact that all of my S-K albums are on vinyl and sitting in my parents's basement, so I can't listen to them. The band, however, is coming to D.C. on August 1st. Robin (Producer, All Songs Considered) is currently trying to secure us for a live webcast.

News from the homefront:
Athens's own grinning math-metal trio Coulier played their last show at Athfest this past week. The promise of 9 bass players and Navid (drums) made me almost wish I was back in town for the event. Thankfully, they taped it...

Part 1:

Part 2
Part 3


Oh, and this is the coolest thing I've read all week. (Scroll to the bottom of the page and "play" the interactive Harmonic Bridge!) The exhibit closes on July 16th... maybe I can go to New York City by then? I want to make a trip or two anyway.

[EDIT: I'm dumb. The Tate Modern is in the UK.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home