National Public Viking

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Willie the Warlock deserves his own post



One of the greatest out-of-left-field pop songs of all time now has a music video: "Willie the Warlock" by Billy Q. Effinger. I cannot express to you the awesomeness of this song. The four-octave vocal range, the cut-up karaoke accompaniment, the Harry Potter-inspired lyrics, the fact this is 42 year old man never recorded a song until two years ago. You can expect nothing less of this crazy magician-at-a-birthday-party video either.

I am the warlock surpeme
Nothing's real as it seems
except my love for you
Do you know it's true
that I am immortal
but you have a power unseen
over me

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger tuppenhut said...

THANK YOU for posting this. I would hear that song about twice a year on WUOG but always miss who sung it...and a google search of the lyrics was fruitless. So now I know. That song always made me think of Tim and Grant dressed up in Willy Wonka-ish duds, together. I don't know why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home