National Public Viking

Friday, August 11, 2006

My guest spot on All Songs Considered



Don't really have much time to write about the past week's events (tomorrow!), but I just wanted to guide y'all to an episode of All Songs Considered, which I guest-hosted with Bob Boilen. I selected all the music and had a discussion with Bob about my time at WUOG and Athens, and also the idea of music as entertainment versus music created for the self.

The show's achived here.

I'll have a full account of the experience recording the show in due time.

4 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Helen said...

it sounded absolutely fantastic! You could tell he was blown away by you.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger tuppenhut said...

I got an email from my friend yesterday: "Do you know this guy Lars Gotrich or something that is the intern at All Songs Considered on NPR? I heard him on the show and I had this feeling that I'd heard his name before."

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not a single Athens band...

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lars Gotrich said...

actually, i do regret not bringing an athens CD with me to the recording. bob even asked halfway through the interview if i had one (obviously, that was cut out). i did, however, four athens bands that have never graced an NPR piece: Carrie Nations, Zumm Zumm, Circulatory System, and The Instruments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home